Continental Cost Accountant in Auburn, Indiana
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Auburn, IN location is seeking a Cost Accountant/Assistant Controller to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
Performs advanced cost accounting duties for the Auburn plant requiring a wide range of accounting, financial and analytical competency.
• Maintains a proper level of understanding of changing and expanding manufacturing operations for effective evaluation and development of standard costs.
• Tracks key costing information and communicates to plant team on daily basis.
• Adapts to conflicting deadlines and priorities established by company demands.
• Responsible for adhering to account policies and compliance.
• Makes recommendations for changes and improvements to the overall efficiency of the department, establishes procedures for new systems or reports that are assigned, and explains variances in reports.
• Develops cost standards.
• Summarizes unit cost information for all product lines and customer programs.
• Prepares and processes all inventory-related journal entries at month-end.
• Supervises audit function of physical inventories and prepares and analyzes inventory variance reports.
• Complies and analyzes standard margin data and distributes data as necessary.
• Reviews all inventory records monthly for variances.
• Works on special projects as required.
• Reconciles plant accounts.
• Supports plant monthly and year-end closing activities as well as budgeting and forecasting.
• Supports upload of financial data in FIRE
• Supports the development of other finance team members.
• Update cost system when necessary and value inventory properly
• Routine accounting entries on a set schedule
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
• 2 years of manufacturing cost accounting experience required
• 2 years of experience in cost account experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to learn new accounting and production systems (specifically SAP).
• Ability to understand company products, manufacturing operations, equipment utilization, and material requirements.
• Good analytical skills required.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to interact effectively with plant staff and corporate/global accounting and finance staff.
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
• Systems implementations experience a plus
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Prior SAP experience (P68 Module)
• Prior payroll processing experience.
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area ContiTech develops, produces and markets products, systems and intelligent components made from rubber, plastic, metal and textiles. These products are used in mining, the agricultural industry, railway engineering mechanical and plant engineering, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.
Finance and Controlling
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
- Continental Jobs