Goldman Sachs & Co. Entity Data Engineering (DE - Content) - Relationship Data in Bengaluru, Indiana
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
OUR IMPACT - ABOUT USLegal Entity Data is a vital part of everything we do. From onboarding to reporting, we need to ensure that we have the highest quality legal entity data available to meet the firm’s demands. The Entity Data Engineering team builds the solutions that model, source, and distribute legal entity data to all of the firm’s systems. We are made up of software developers, product managers, and data stewards that partner to create innovative solutions to make the firm more effective at managing and optimizing the consumption of legal entity data.Entity Data Engineering is part of the Data Engineering team at Goldman Sachs. Data Engineering (DE) is responsible for shaping and executing the data agenda for the firm to power data as a competitive advantage and source of innovation. With a focus on mining big data that enters markets around the world each day, the DE team is building enterprise-level solutions to deliver game-changing business insights.YOUR IMPACT - ABOUT YOUYou are a problem solver who cares deeply about delivering high quality engineering solutions to challenges faced by the firm. You are the kind of person who loves taking real world concepts and debating the accuracy of how well data models represent them. You relish the idea of digging into legacy software to decommission it as much as you delight in tackling a clean build. You aim for consistency and efficiency in your software and make every effort to leverage the available tools at your disposal. You strive to build relationships with the platform teams and collaborate on improvements. You enjoy mentoring junior members of the team and still roll up your sleeves and code. You want to build lasting relationships with team members and partner to deliver transformational change.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• As a Software Engineering Lead in the Entity Data Engineering team, your focus is on delivering the firm high quality legal entity data
• You will drive architectural decisions to modernize the current stack, while maintaining current service levels.
• Our customers demand a lot of us and you will deliver high performance software that meets their demands by collaborating with our Data Engineering Platform team.
• This is a hands-on software engineering role that will require writing code, reviewing code for junior members, managing team execution, and mentoring team members.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical discipline
• 8+ years of software industry experience with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent object oriented, technical analysis and design skills.
• Hands-on programming experience in JVM languages such as Java/Kotlin/Scala
• Basic understanding of distributed and scalable system design
• Experience in working with SQL/NoSQL data stores (e.g. Sybase/DB2/MongoDB)
• Proficiency in using advance data structures and algorithms
• Experience of test-driven development, hands on experience with testing frameworks such as Junit and a sound understanding of SDLC processes.
• Experience working with business or clients to transform requirements into software solutions
• Demonstrable history of successful project delivery
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Solid understanding of core design concepts, common APIs and design patterns
• Experience in designing, building and maintaining large-scale low-latency distributed applications
• Experience in working with cloud services
• Experience in distributed relational database (e.g. MemSQL) and Elastic Search engine
• Web services development: RESTful APIs; Swagger; Jersey; Glassfish
• Hands-on experience working with Linux and basic scripting (Bash)
• 2 years’ experience dealing with data (structured or unstructured)
• 1 years’ experience in Fintech industry
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
Schedule TypeFull Time
Business UnitData Engineering