Family LifeCare Registered Nurse (RN) After Hours Nurse in Berne, Indiana
After hours M-F 4p-11p Apply Today! :
Provides assessment and care of patients and families for Family Hospice consistent with Family LifeCare’s Mission, Strategic Plan and Policies and Procedures.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. If you have a disability, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable you to perform your essential duties. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have and maintain a current license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Indiana issued by the Indiana State Department of Health and in the State of Ohio issued by the Ohio Department of Health (if required).
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License, maintain automobile coverage and have access to an automobile during scheduled work hours.
- Education and/or Experience:
- Requires an Associate or Bachelor Degree in Nursing.
- The nurse must be able to demonstrate skill in nursing practice, assess and respond to the needs of patients and families in varied settings, and cope with family emotional stress while respecting individual lifestyles.
Information management, Microsoft Office Products, and Internet abilities are required. * Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality and handle situations in a diplomatic and tactful manner. JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Assumes responsibility for after-hours duties and responsibilities as scheduled and supervises After-Hours LPN.
- Makes visits as assigned.
Responds to after-hours calls for medical and/or emotional support with on-site visit. * Performs assessments, admissions, and procedures. Implements interventions needed for pain and symptom management. * Provides clinical, emotional, social and spiritual support for patient and family. * Recognize own limitations in dealing with patient/family issues/conflict and refer to appropriate team member. * Provides education for patient, family, and caregiver.
Develops and/or revised plan of care. * Completes documentation and synchronized within 24 hours of visit.
Facilitates appropriate communication to physicians and care team.
Maintains compliance with medication management. * Assists in the facilitation of level of care change, transfers, and live discharges. * Collaborates patient care with facility’s nursing team. * Establishes and maintains professional boundaries with patient, family and staff.
Prioritizes tasks and performs detailed work in a timely manner with accuracy and thoroughness. * Performs as a member of the team. Attends and participates in staff meetings, assigned committee meetings and in-services. * Adheres to and promotes the elements of the Corporate Compliance and HIPAA Programs. * Participates in Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) activities. * Adheres to Family LifeCare policies and procedures. * Assumes responsibility for own personal and professional development. * Performs other duties and responsibilities as directed.