First Internet Bank Careers in Fishers, Indiana
About the Role:
The Human Resources Generalist provides support across the Human Resources function including, but not limited to, employee relations, accommodations, benefits, recruiting, HRIS management, reporting, and onboarding. This is a highly visible, multi-faceted role that will work within all lines of the Human Resources function. The Human Resources Generalist will be working in a fast-paced environment, and must be able to remain agile while balancing highly time sensitive responsibilities.
- Advise and train managers/supervisors in best employee relations practices and strategies for managing supervisor problems and employee grievances
- Serve as a liaison for employee accommodation requests by following the necessary laws and requirements while following industry best practices
- Perform ad-hoc and periodic reporting as requested and assigned for a variety of areas including, but not limited to, compliance, bank examinations, audits, finance/accounting, and HR metrics
- Ensure data integrity throughout First Internet Bank’s HRIS by identifying inconsistencies and implementing solutions to prevent further inconsistencies
- Recruit for open positions, as assigned, from sourcing candidates to offering the position; recruitment workload will vary based on demand from business lines
- Assist benefits administration during open enrollment and during other peak seasons as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five years of progressive Human Resources experience required in multiple areas including employee relations, accommodations, benefit administration, and recruitment
- Ten years of progressive Human Resources experience preferred
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP designation preferred
- Prior experience utilizing a Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) as an admin required
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Human Resources, Business, or related field required
- Masters in HR, Business, Communications or related field preferred
- Thorough understanding of employee relations/accommodations employment practices
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Strong public speaking skills required. Ability to make effective presentations before an audience and imparting knowledge and key information to small, medium, and large employee groups
Working Conditions / Demands:
- Professional office setting.
- Primarily sedentary position requiring long periods of time working at a computer.
- Must be able to move throughout the office and buildings to obtain or relay information.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Some essential functions of the position cannot be performed remotely and require on-site work in order to maintain customer relationships and administrative tasks while also providing cross department support.
Why First Internet Bank?
First Internet Bank is full of talented, imaginative, hardworking folks who enjoy being a part of something meaningful. Our employees come from diverse backgrounds and reflect a blend of proficiencies that help create an effective, dynamic working environment throughout our organization.
Our benefits package promotes wellness and growth while supporting the balance of our employee's personal and professional lives. We're committed to our employee's health from day one. Full-time employees and their qualified dependents are eligible for benefits including, but not limited to, Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account with employer contributions and matching, Flexible Spending Account(s), Critical Illness, and Voluntary Accident Insurance beginning on their first day. Employer-paid benefits including Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, and Life and AD&D insurance are offered to full-time employees at no cost, with the option add additional Life and AD&D coverage.
Full-time employees are eligible for three weeks of paid time off plus ten paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings with employer matching, tuition reimbursement, business apparel allowance, and paid volunteer time.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Women, Minorities, Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Job Location: First Internet Bank of Indiana-Fishers - Fishers, IN