Family LifeCare Infusion Registered Nurse (RN) - Fort Wayne Area in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Full Time M-F 8a-430p Apply Today! :
Provides intravenous therapeutic treatments through appropriate venipuncture and/or catheter site as directed by physician provided to home care patients consistent with Family LifeCare’s Mission, Strategic Plan and Policies and Procedures.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: :
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. If you have a disability, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable you to perform your essential duties. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
- EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Requires an Associate or Bachelor Degree in Nursing. The nurse must be able to demonstrate skill in nursing practice, assess and respond to the needs of patients and families in varied settings, and cope with family emotional stress while respecting individual lifestyles. Information management, Microsoft Office Products, and Internet abilities are required. Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality and handle situations in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES::
- Assumes primary responsibility for a patient caseload that includes the assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, and evaluation of home care.
- Identifies patient needs and ensures the appropriate care and services are provided in accordance with the attending physician’s orders and the plan of care.
- Inserts, monitors and removes IVs to give medications, blood products, chemo, and nutrition.
- Determines appropriate venipuncture and/or catheter site, inserts and manages sites.
- Demonstrates catheter flushing per protocol.
- Performs peripheral dressing changes.
- Assesses injection site for redness, pain, swelling, warmth or drainage.
- Demonstrates care and maintenance procedures for central venous catheters (subclavian, tunneled catheters, implanted ports, PICC lines).
- Demonstrates principles of aseptic and sterile technique.
- Monitors for adverse reactions and treat for anaphylaxis and anaphylactoid reactions.
- Competes OASIS assessment accurately and timely per policy and regulatory requirements.
- Obtains data on physical, psychological, and social factors gathered from the OASIS that may influence patient health status and incorporate that data into the plan of care.
- Initiates communication with attending physician, other home care staff members and other agencies as needed to coordinate optimal care and to use as a resource for the patient.
- Attends case conference and facilitates discussion of issues from caseload for consultation and evaluation.
- Maintains regular communication with the attending physician concerning patient care needs and response to intervention, no less than every 60 days.
- Teaches patient and/or caregiver on safety and emergency measures, medications, diet and management of health conditions.
- Performs the supervision visit for home care aide delivery of care at least every 14 days and/or special program time frames.
- Makes visits as assigned and performs assessments, admissions, and procedures.
- Implements interventions needed for pain and symptom management.
- Completes accurate documentation and synchronized within 24 hours of visit.
- Facilitates appropriate communication to physicians and care team.
- Maintains compliance with medication management.
- Establishes and maintains professional boundaries with patient, family and staff.
- Prioritizes tasks and performs detailed work in a timely manner with accuracy and thoroughness.
- Assists in providing After-hours coverage.
- Performs as a member of the team.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, assigned committee meetings and in-services.
- Adheres to and promotes the elements of the Corporate Compliance and HIPAA Programs.
- Participates in Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) activities.
- Adheres to Family LifeCare policies and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for own personal and professional development.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as directed.