First Federal Bank Legal Process Specialist in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Position Title: Legal Process Specialist Department: Deposit Operations Position Reports to: Deposit Support Assistant Manager Position Supervises: No Direct Reports
Responsible for advanced knowledge of levies, subpoenas, garnishments, child support, and attachments. Performs responsibilities related to assistance with legal processes and information requests. Demonstrates a good understanding of policies, procedures, products, and software and banking regulations. Ability to handle internal and external calls and answer detailed questions. Performs a variety of daily departmental tasks. Utilize “Customer First” characteristics when dealing with all customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide oversight to the timely and accurate processing of all legal process documents served on the Company including levies, subpoenas, garnishments, child support, and attachments.
· Coordinate research with staff in other departments.
· Competently communicate with Attorneys, Federal and State Agencies and Law Enforcement Personnel to effectively comply with the scope of the subpoena.
Required tracking with the volume and time spent on each task for subpoenas, garnishments, levies, and child support.
· Provide exceptional service with knowledge of Retail products, services, and applications.
· Provide support to branch personnel with questions regarding FIS financial software and ancillary solutions administered within Deposit Support.
· Ensure all customer file maintenance is accurately complete and aligns with the assigned SLA.
· Assist in resolving internal customer issues by responding competently and consistently to all requests.
· Participate in updating Retail processes and procedures to align with policies.
· Ensure the completion of operational audits and reports are timely and accurate.
· Remains current and knowledgeable on banking regulations supported within Deposit Support. (Reg CC, Reg D, Reg DD, Reg E, and Reg O)
· Conduct internal audits in accordance with Premier Bank’s internal compliance program to ensure regulations are adhered to and align with bank policies and procedures.
· Support Deposit Support Assistant Manager and Deposit Operations Manager in developing, analyzing and finalizing major and complex projects and services.
· Promotes a positive image of the bank, develops and maintains effective relationships with internal customers and partners, in addition to serving as a liaison within all areas of the organization.
· Assist Team Members and other departments as needed.
· Cross train Team Members on job functions assigned by Assistant Manager
· Perform other duties as assigned.Education, Certification, License and Experience:
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· 3 to 5 years relevant experience in related field or position, preferably in Legal, Operations or Retail Banking.
· Prefer certification in legal processing or studies.
Skills and Knowledge:
· Basic knowledge and understanding of banking rules.
· Regulations and FIS applications.
· Responsible for knowing and ensuring compliance with applicable laws regulations and guidelines, as detailed in policies that include but are not limited to Bank Secrecy Act and other applicable anti-money-laundering rules, Fair Lending, Community Reinvestment Act, Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and other laws and regulations as they pertain to the position.
· Assumes responsibility and accountability for all actions and decisions made
· Communication: Written, Verbal, Listening, and Presentation
· Flexibility and Adaptability
· Ability to build trusting partnerships
· Compassionate: Demonstrates genuine interest in others
· Decision Making: Gathers information and identifies issues, problems, and opportunities
· Innovation/Entrepreneurship spirit and attitude
· Passionate, Values Based: makes decisions with Premier Bank missions, visions and values in mind
· Analytical: Strong Problem Analysis and Solving Skills
· Organization and Planning Skills
· Confidentiality: Maintain confidential information pertaining to Premier Financial Corp, its team members, business operations, people practices and community information
· Digital/Technology: Knowledge and ability to use digital systems, tools, and software applications
· Managing Work: Effectively manages times and resources to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently
· Sets high standards of performance for self
This job operates in a professional office environment. Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements .
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear, stand or sit for long periods of time, open filing cabinets, walk, stoop or bend, use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and complete tasks requiring manual dexterity. Ability to drive a vehicle for travel is required for the position.
Premier Financial Corp is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other legally protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions of the job and the qualifications of the person assigned to it. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description does not constitute a contract of employment. Employment is “at will” and may be terminated at any time.