Sirius Computer Solutions Business Analyst (Business Agility) in Indianapolis, Indiana
Requisition Number J18-0204
Title Business Analyst (Business Agility)
Description As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
We're looking for a Business Analyst to join our Business Agility group. This is a full-time benefited role with us that can require an average of 50% overnight travel.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a supporting liaison between members of the technical team and the business user community to analyze business and user needs, elicit and document requirements, identify system enhancements, and determine impacts to current processes.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Elicits requirements, defines business requirements, use cases and user stories, and performs analysis on a solution implementation
• Implements techniques for eliciting and validating requirements including: Brainstorming, JAD Sessions, RAD Sessions, Interviews, Surveys, Nominal Group Technique, and/or Structured Walkthroughs
• Conducts functional specification review sessions with cross-functional team members
• Conducts structured walkthroughs of process flow diagrams to establish “As-Is” and “To-Be” states
• Ensures business requirements are met, optimal system design is achieved and differences between business requirements and systems capabilities are resolved
• Leverages business experience and analytical skills to define recommendations and process improvements through industry best practices and personal line of business knowledge.
• Identifies potential solutions and evaluates them for both technical and business suitability
• Serve as a liaison between business users and developers
• Contributes to the adoption services/efforts of an implementation project
• Develops training materials for end users
• Security is every employee’s responsibility. If you are aware of a security related vulnerability or non-compliance with the Information Security Policy or Employee Handbook you must report it to the Corporate Security Team, Human Resources, or a member of Senior Management.
• Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Analysis, Information Technology, Business, or related field
• At least three (3) years’ full software lifecycle development experience in a Business Analyst role
Other Position Requirements:
• Project experience on both custom application development, and implementing and customizing packaged products – at least one year of each
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously on BA-related tasks/activities to develop end-customer deliverables
• Experience with various project methodologies including Agile and Waterfall implementation approaches
• Demonstrated knowledge of at least one industry (e.g., Healthcare and/or Banking) with the capabilities to elicit general requirements for other industries
• Demonstrated ability to identify, research, and advise on and resolve business challenges related to application security
• Experience with requirements management through a requirements tracking tool (e.g., Jira, SpiraTeam)
• Experience with process management and/or process automation solutions
• Experience with RPA tools, such as Kofax Kapow or Automation Anywhere
This position exists to provide consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.