Aerotek Healthcare Lab Technician in Indianapolis, Indiana
These roles support a Donor Testing Lab and is responsible for testing donor blood samples for Indiana, Ohio, and New York. Under direct supervision by department leadership, candidates will perform diagnostic clinical and clinical contract research testing. They will also support preparation of laboratory reagents and routine maintenance of laboratory equipment.
ALLOCATION OF TIME: The incumbent can spend up to 85% of their time receiving, organizing, accessioning, centrifuging, decapping, racking, distributing, and discarding samples sent to the Testing Lab for processing. 10% of the time may be spent identifying and preparing samples for confirmatory testing by outside facilities. The remainder of the time may be spent performing QC checks, handling biohazardous trash, and performing other general housekeeping duties.
• Performs daily diagnostic testing, as scheduled.
• Supports sample evaluation and processing, as needed.
• Performs on-call, weekend, and holiday testing, as scheduled.
• Performs reagent preparation, as scheduled.
• Operates, troubleshoots, and performs routine maintenance and calibration on equipment.
• Supports customer inquiries via phone and lab information system (LIS).
• Supports the maintenance of reagent and supply inventory.
• Maintains sample integrity and ensure proper identification of all specimens.
• May participate in validations.
• May train others on job tasks, as assigned.
• Maintains organization of departmental records, as needed.
• May assist in educating fellows, residents, students, and visitors to the laboratory.
• May release final results in accordance to training and compliance requirements.
• May provide support for transfusion product selection, as applicable.
• Complies with all IBC safety policies and procedures.
• Follows universal precautions and protective measures required by IBC and outside regulatory agencies.
Equipment and Technology
• Personal Computer (desktop, laptop, tablet).
• General office equipment (computer, printer, fax, copy machine).
• Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Pipettes (single channel, multi-channel, electronic, etc.).
• Centrifuges, freezers, refrigerators.
• pH meter, microscopes.
• Automated instruments (hematology counter, DNA isolator, plate washer, Coagulation analyzer, etc.).
• Lab specific equipment, including, but not limited to:
o Flow Cytometry based equipment
o qPCR Instrumentation
o Thermal Cycler
o Gel Electrophoresis
MLT, sample prep*, specimen processing, lab assistant, accession, centrifuging, Chemistry, Biology, ASCP
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Must have Bachelor degree in biology, chemistry, molecular biology, immunology, clinical laboratory science, or related science field OR MLT Degree (AS or BS)
Must have one year with testing human biological or blood samples (can be from research, healthcare, etc-could consider eligible experience while in school)
Day Shift: 6:00 am or 7:00am start time- Can be flexible to four 10 hour shifts or five 8 hour shifts- Will include weekend work
Night Shift: 10:00pm- 6:30 am five days a week OR 10:00pm-8:00am four days a week
Part Time Evening Shift: 4:00pm -8:00 Tuesday- Saturday
Will be working minimum of 1 to 2 weeknds/month
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs