Sallie Mae Identity and Access Specialist in Indianapolis, Indiana
Identity and Access Specialist
Req ID R01505
Sallie Mae is proud to help Americans aspiring to create the life they want--whether that means helping them make college happen, or something more. Our colleagues across departments and across the country are united in our passion and our customer-first approach. Whether you want to join a growing company, be part of an agile workforce, or gain new skills--you're in the right place.
Provide security technical expertise and project leadership for the Identity and Access Management Operations team. Lead cloud provisioning in AWS and Azure platforms and help guide junior staff. Review projects, new applications, and existing user access for appropriate security controls and segregation of duties. Establish and document policies, procedures and guidelines related to user and system access. Responsible for providing centralized computer security administration and support for various Sallie Mae computer systems, applications, platforms and devices. The individual will utilize communication, analytic and problem resolution skills to help automate and resolve security and access control problems for users, clients and technical support staff.
System Security Administration 50%
- Lead cloud provisioning in AWS and Azure platforms and help guide and mentor junior staff and operations team
- Develop cloud provisioning processes and procedures, ensuring alignment with Corporate Standards and audit requirements.
- Establish, document and monitor controls for user access policies and procedures.
- Add, remove, modify and manage user profiles, passwords and account information for network, database and communication security systems used throughout the organization in a timely manner. Meet processing and turnaround times established by internal procedures and guidelines or as required by SLA's while still maintaining a customer service focus.
- Maintain security database files, tables and systems used to provide security related services for various platforms and applications.
- Review requests to ensure compliance with all information security standards and policies. Follow all information security policies, procedures and guidelines when administering security to ensure the security of Sallie Mae information systems.
- File and maintain documentation for future audits and to meet regulatory compliance requirements.
- Provide ownership and direction for assigned technologies or areas of responsibility.
- Implement automation using PowerShell, scripting or databases to improve current processes.
Project Management 2 0%
- Recommend and lead department-wide initiatives regarding user administration and cloud provisioning.
- Establish, define and monitor multiple projects at a very fast pace.
- Lead and manage projects including complex projects that are multi-faceted and integrate and/or deploy new technology and/or processes.
People/Resource Management 20%
- Manage key deliverables and SME's assigned to tasks related to IAM
- Provide after hours and weekend On Call support as part of the rotational staff to ensure issues that occur outside of the normal business day are promptly resolved.
- Support as required in support of the business
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Must Have EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 5 years progressive experience working in a Corporate Security field with at least 1 year of working in a cloud production environment doing access management (AWS or Azure).
- Proven project management and leadership skills and experience with SDLC as it applies to Information Security. Agile methodology a plus!
- Previous cloud provisioning experience a must (AWS or Azure).
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with project and application development teams, management and clients is a must.
- Leadership, analytical, teamwork, organization and time management skills are critical. Must be focused, energetic, meet commitments, and be willing to take ownership, have excellent judgment and integrity.
- Exceptional organizational skills. The ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while ensuring strategic focus is maintained in order to accomplish department goals and business objectives.
- Ability to deal with a wide range of people including IT technical analysts and architects, IT Managers/Directors, business unit management, and senior executives.
- A highly motivated self-starter. Ability and willingness to work flexibly, fast paced, under pressure and able to meet deadlines without prompting.
A team player who understands how to build consensus and who has the ability to motivate and manage others, and ensure assigned tasks and deliverables are being accomplished, reported and completed.
EEO Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America. Sallie Mae is a drug free workplace.
Location Indianapolis, IN
Date Posted Apr 24, 2018