Atlas Oil Mechanic I in Indianapolis, Indiana
Headquartered in Taylor, Mich., Atlas Oil is the inaugural Simon Group Holdings company. Since our founding in 1985, Atlas has grown through technological and operational innovation, all while maintaining our unwavering commitment to customer success. Atlas offers single-source solutions for fuel, transportation and logistics and is one of the largest fuel distributors in the country, delivering over 1 billion gallons of fuel annually to customers in 47 states. We have an active real estate division and are engaged in transportation logistics and fueling including bulk, fleet, event, onsite, emergency response, and oil field services.
Atlas Oil offers its employees a full benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision options. We also offer life insurance, 401k that includes a company match and paid time off. In addition to that, we offer tuition reimbursement to assist our team members in their professional development.
If you are driven to be the best you can be and are looking for an organization to match your high standards, look no further!
Under general supervision, maintains service operations by inspecting and maintaining trucks. Responsible for keeping equipment available for use by inspecting and performing diagnostic testing of trucks. Completing preventative maintenance, such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation, and tire changes, wheel balancing and replacing filters. Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to driver complaints, conducting inspections, repairing engine failures, repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
Why You Will Love to Come to Work Every Day:
Atlas is a fast-paced, goal-oriented company, with an unquenchable thirst for success. Team members work hard, love what they do, focus on customers, and have fun in the process. Winning attitudes abound, we recruit, hire, train, retain, and reward the best talent in the industry.
What stands out to visitors is our warm, inviting atmosphere and our dynamic energy directed to guests, co-workers and customers. Our Core Values are alive in our environment. Atlas Oil Company’s CEO, Sam Simon personally facilitates his course on Corporate Culture to newly hired team members.
Atlas Oil Company’s Core Values are not just words on a paper. We believe in them. We live by them. They are an important component of how we operate on a daily basis. They are as follows:
· Collaborative Innovation
· Pride and Image
· Customer Focus
· Solution Driven
· Do the Right Thing
Integrity, innovation, personal and professional growth, combined with a strong passion to win, contribute to the phenomenal growth and successes Atlas has experienced. We create Win/Win Solutions and operate with the highest possible standards of business and professional ethics.
Team members are our most valuable assets - if you are dynamic, dedicated to producing quality results, and possess the necessary job qualifications, please consider joining our team!
Atlas Oil Company’s dedication to quality is not only reflected in our products and services but also in our team members. At Atlas Oil Company, we are committed to providing:
Our consumer with a total fuel solution
Our team members with career challenges and rewards
Our communities with support and assistance
Our work environment is positive, upbeat, business casual and welcoming to everyone. Being an equal employment opportunity employer, we are a diverse workforce with team members located in multiple states. We advocate an open door policy, teamwork, career growth, and promoting from within. Our team members are our most valuable assets and we invest in them through seminars, training and rewarding career opportunities.
· Maintains service operations by inspecting and maintaining trucks
· Responsible for keeping equipment available for use by inspecting and performing diagnostic testing of trucks
· Completing preventative maintenance, such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, and tire changes, replacing filters
· Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to driver complaints, conducting inspections, repairing engine failures, repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage
· Installs repairs and maintains diesel truck engines. Examines trucks, repair, and overhaul, and adjust truck brake systems
· Installs and repair air conditioners and service components
· Performs diagnostic engine repair. Diagnose and repair anti-lock braking system
· Conducts routine D.O.T. truck inspections and maintenance
· Adjust and realign brakes
· Test drives vehicles
· Reviews work orders and discusses with Team Leader
· Follows check list to ensure all important parts are examined
· Provides road repair on vehicles as needed
· Other related duties as assigned
· Two (2) or more years’ experience working on diesel trucks/vehicles
· Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the truck maintenance field
· Certified Heavy Duty Diesel mechanic with Hazmat endorsement (preferred but not necessary)
· Able to perform heavy duty physical activity, including bending, stooping, reaching, climbing, pulling, lifting up to 75 lbs.
· Possesses a Medium/Heavy Truck Technician Certification (Diesel Engines) is preferred
· CDL A with Hazmat endorsement is preferred
· Possesses an Engine Performance & Brakes Certification is preferred
Required Education & Certification:
High School Diploma or Equivalent