EY Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Senior Architect in Indianapolis, Indiana
Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Senior Architect
Core Business Services
Requisition # UNI00HKT
Post Date Mar 22, 2021
The senior architect role drives complex design, development, and implementation activities to provide PKI related services to the business across a large set of digital certificate use cases. The role drives both tactical improvements to drive service enhancements but also develops innovative strategic inititives to provide future state solutions. The role is aligned to a number of technologies including, but not limited to, Microsoft’s Active Directory Certificate Services, Network Device Enrollment Services (NDES), Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP), Hardware Security Modules (HSM), KeyFactor Command, Venafi Trust Protection Platform, and Intune and Jamf certificate connectors.
The PKI architect role provides the opportunity to work in a highly complex, global organization to design, develop, and deploy new or enhanced PKI services to support the business with innovative solutions. The position offers the candidate that ability to work within a large scale, highly available, and secure set of technologies to support delivery of PKI services to the business. While PKI services must be highly secure, consistent, and reliable, the architect will also drive services designed to provide or integrate with automated provisioning services.
Your key responsibilities
The key responsibilities for the PKI architect role involve identifying and defining problems, designing optimum solutions, and working to drive the implementation of new or enhanced PKI services across the organization. A successful candidate must be able to:
• Partner with all stakeholders and external vendors to design, develop, deploy and support the best possible solution to meet EY business needs.
• Assess and define problems or opportunities for improvement by providing documented business, functional, operational, and security requirements to be addressed by future state solutions
• Design innovative solutions that address key lifecycle management functions to support the needs of the business
• Communicate design approaches and recommendations effective to gain stakeholder approvals and agreements
• Coordinate design activities across multiple teams and services to ensure successful completion of complex projects
• Develop both technical and functional solutions that integrate with business processes
Skills and attributes for success
The role requires an advanced analytical acumen and solution orientation to understand the nuances of Microsoft PKI, OCSP, HSM’s, KeyFactor, and Venafi software services and other secure access technologies in current use across geographic regions and to drive current and next generation PKI solutions within the directives. The role additionally requires a high degree of consultative questioning, influence management, and critical thinking skills to understand a current directive and recommend and/or design viable engineering solutions that are both cost effective and support the value to the business.
To qualify for the role, you must have
• A deep understanding of digital certificate lifecycle management functions and broad experience with different certificate types and uses
• A broad understanding of the available PKI vendors and technologies offering technical solutions in the market
• Knowledge and experience with cryptographic protocols, services, and standards
• Ability to collect, refine, and analyse business requirements and develop innovative solutions
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Experience with key PKI technologies such as Microsoft Active Directory Certificate Services including Certificate Authority, NDES, and OCSP and Thales Luna Hardware Security Modules (HSMs)
• Experience with Venafi TrustForce and Trust Authority, KeyFactor Command, Intune Certificate Connector, and Jamf ADCS Connectors.
• Experience with automation of certificate lifecycle management functions
• Experience with certificate request and issuance processes integrating to ServiceNow automation
• Programming and/or script development experience
What we look for
A successful candidate would be highly motivated and performance-oriented individuals that can develop future state visions and successfully drive measurable improvement in delivery of PKI services. The candidate should be able to clearly communicate with all levels of stakeholders from technical up through executive level sponsors. EY has a culture of high-performance teams and successful candidates should have strong technical skills but also be team oriented.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- EY Jobs