Fiserv Software Development Engineering - Advisor I / Cobol Developer in Indianapolis, Indiana
Find Your Forward as a COBOL Software Developer at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 member, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 22,000 associates around the world, we’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in financial services with deep expertise and a commitment to innovation. Members of our COBOL team enjoy a high-responsibility environment that involves working across systems and platforms to build our core products and services.
In this role, you’ll use your extensive knowledge of programming and development to support a global team of engineers and our greater network of clients. You’ll gain a wide variety of experiences in both programming and support for our financial systems. We’re in the business of innovation, and our COBOL team ensures that our products and services are both efficient and ahead of the curve.
This is an opportunity to join the best Financial Technology company in the United States. This particular team inside our Output Solutions business unit is responsible for creating all the necessary documents within the healthcare industry. This would be billing documents all the way to insurance cards themselves and everything in between. We are looking for a talented COBOL developer with experience within a Windows environment to join our team in our Sugar Land, TX office.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Learn and maintain Print/Communication Management system
• Develop and support custom applications built on a mixed technology stack; COBOL, SSIS, MS SQL, etc.
• Participate in Sprint planning sessions
• Participate in after hours on-call rotations
• Conduct root cause analysis and system performance tuning
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience working with COBOL.
• Healthcare experience strongly preferred, requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field.
• Working knowledge of Agile software development methodology.
• Experience with composition tools like ISIS Papyrus, HP Extreme or GMC Inspire is preferred but not required.
• Working understanding of Security and Compliance standards related to the HealthCare and Financial Services Industry: HIPAA, PCI & NIST
• Implementation oriented and versatile team player with good communication and writing skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work with both end users and technical staff.
• Strong analytical and programming skills.
• Experience on additional ETL tools like MS-SQL, SSIS, Talend is a plus.
• Good at prioritizing the tasks and commitment to complete them.
• Very strong customer service orientation.
• Financial and Healthcare industry experience a plus.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
- Fiserv Jobs