Sirius Computer Solutions Solutions Architect - Amazon Web Services (AWS) in Indianapolis, Indiana
Requisition Number J18-0023
Title Solutions Architect - Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Description **OPEN LOCATION + 50-75% travel**
As a nationally recognized IT solutions provider with an over 35-year history of success, Sirius is known for cultivating the best talent, providing a positive work environment, and offering a compensation and benefits package designed to help our employees thrive both personally and professionally. We deliver best-of-breed IT solutions from the world's top technology innovators, including Checkpoint, Cisco, Citrix, DellEMC, F5, FireEye, HDS, HP, IBM, NetApp, Nutanix, Palo Alto, VMware, and many more. If you want to work with the Brightest Minds in the Business, contact us today.
We're looking for a Solutions Architect - Amazon Web Services (AWS) to join the team. This is a full-time benefited role with us and can require overnight travel an average of 50-75%.
The primary purpose for this position is to provide technical leadership to a Solution Services Program while also serving as a technical resource to Sirius sales personnel and account managers in support of our clients. This position will also handle engagements requiring knowledge of multiple application server environments, to assist in the architectural design of client applications, and to provide technical sales support as needed.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Promotes and sells assigned Program by:
• Conducting customer calls and on-site visits with Sirius sales personnel
• Creates and consults with Program Manager on SOWs and estimates
• Builds assigned Program by:
• Providing technical leadership in the 2-3 core competencies and related offerings of assigned Program
• Conducting research & development work targeted to create frameworks, utilities, or best practices to enhance the efficiency and quality of the Program’s development efforts
• Cataloging Program’s existing intellectual property (IP), determining strategic areas for IP development (including input into training and education plans for program specialists), and evangelizing the use of Program IP by Program development teams
• Develops assigned Program’s team by conducting meetings and training for developers in Program to build and enhance skills in core competency areas
• Oversees technical delivery for assigned Program by:
• Understanding the business driving client technologies
• Participating in technical requirements gathering and solution architecture for clients
• Serving as a technical escalation point for Lead Solutions Specialists and Senior Solutions Specialists
• Provide solution architecture, requirements gathering, and application design to our clients via services delivery, including (but not limited to):
• Assisting clients to develop or express an organizational strategy for accomplishing strategic technology goals
• Assisting clients to identify appropriate technologies for accomplishing their strategic technology goals
• Developing technical and conceptual specifications in support of the overall application design
• Reviews and understands all assigned Statement of Work (SOW) prior to services delivery
Requirements Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
• At least seven (7) years’ software development experience, to include two (2) years’ technical team leadership experience
• At least three (3) years of hands-on experience architecting and administering Amazon Web Services (AWS) solutions, to include experience with AWS technologies like EC2, S3, AMI, and IAM
Other Position Requirements:
• Experience in software architecture and architecture “best practices”
• Demonstrated middle-ware based application development and/or administration skills in at least two of the following: Domino, WebSphere, Java, J2EE, XML, Python
• Demonstrated knowledge of UML and OOAD tools (e.g. Rational Rose)
• Demonstrated knowledge of operating systems including Windows, i5/OS, z/OS, AIX, Linux, or others
• Demonstrated ability to understand a client’s requirements and present appropriate architectural options
• Demonstrated presentation and communication skills
• Experience with AWS Redshift, DynamoDB, Kinesis, and/or Data Pipeline
• Python scripting experience
• Full software lifecycle development experience
• Experience in a consulting environment
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify. Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position.