Orchard Software Technical Support Specialist I in Indianapolis, Indiana
Technical Support Specialist I
Orchard Software, headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, was established in 1993 and is one of the leading software developers of medical laboratory information systems for the clinical laboratory industry. Orchard celebrated our 25th anniversary in 2018, and our commitment to and focus on the laboratory has not wavered. Since our first installation in 1993, more than 1,200 physician office laboratories, clinics, hospitals, regional reference labs, student health centers, and public health organizations use Orchard’s award-winning laboratory information systems. Our long-term success, continuous growth, and expertise are testimony to our lab focus and our ability to deliver. Orchard’s lab systems are very flexible, have rules-based decision-making, ICD-10 screening, and outreach and EMR connectivity solutions to improve efficiency, reduce errors, and increase reimbursements.
Orchard Software is known for hiring tech-savvy, self-motivated problem solvers, and helping them launch their career in software technical support within the healthcare industry. The starting point for your journey along this career path is joining our Technical Support team as a Technical Support Specialist (TSS). This is an entry level position which gives you your foot-in-the-door, career-building opportunity. If you believe you have the skill-set we are looking for, we’ll help you with the rest.
Orchard Software serves the healthcare market with software used in the clinical laboratory, and the TSS provides phone, email, and remote support to our more than 1,200 customers across the US. All work is accomplished from our Carmel, Indiana headquarters. The ideal candidate is smart, technically-minded, familiar with computers and software, good problem solvers, and able to communicate solutions to our customers in a user-friendly, professional manner. If you fit this description and are looking for a career path, Orchard may be the beginning to your journey.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
35% - Training
- Completing all relevant lessons and exercises in the Support Learning Management System (LMS)
- Working on tickets which are intended to develop support skills
- Passing all test components for the following support competencies: Harvest I, Harvest II, HL7, Copia, AP by the end of the first year of employment. Each test has 3 components, requires a score of 85% to pass, and only two test attempts are allowed for each test.
65% - Support Production
- The TSS I must adhere to Support documentation standards within the JIRA ticketing system.
- The TSS I must comply with all companywide policies as well as unique Support policies and procedures.
- The TSS I’s dealings with all internal and external customers must exhibit the highest forms of courtesy and professionalism.
- When working on an issue the TSS I is expected to work with minimal supervision, using best practices and available resources to determine the issue, breakpoints and solutions.
- The TSS I is expected to work on issues that that are unknown or unfamiliar. As frequently issues are highly complex and involve aspects of the customers environment (hardware, OS, network), Orchard applications and Laboratory workflow the TSS I is expected to escalate to their team Tier II or Tier III (via JIRA) issues that the TSS I is unable to resolve alone; however, while the issue may be escalated the TSS I is expected to retain ownership as to such time as there is a resolution satisfactory to the client.
Education and/or Experience:
- A successful candidate should have a degree or relevant experience in a technical field.
- Health care experience a plus.
- SQL experiences a plus.
- IT experience a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability and willingness to master new concepts every day.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical users.
- Highly organized.
Pay rate: $18.00
A competitive compensation package including pay, paid time off, health benefits (medical, vision, and dental), disability benefits, a retirement plan, and a medical/dependent care savings account is offered. Orchard Software also offers a casual dress code.
Orchard Software is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, marital status, familial status, public assistance status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Position: Technical Support Specialist I
Location: Carmel, IN
Job Id: 400
# of Openings: 5