Precoat Metals Visual Production Inspector in La Porte, Indiana
Since 1961, Precoat Metals (www.precoat.com) has been setting the standards in the coil coatings industry worldwide. We are committed to this level of quality in both our product line and customer service, and focus our resources on investigating and implementing new coil coating technologies, developing unique coatings, ink and film systems, and designing multifaceted prints while reducing the cycle time to market. We are able to achieve this "culture of excellence" thru the hard work and talent of the people on our team.
THIS JOB WILL BE FOR EITHER 4PM TO 12AM SHIFT OR 12AM TO 8AM SHIFT, PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE ABLE TO WORK THOSE SHIFTS. THIS IS NOT A LAB POSITION. VISUAL INSPECTOR WORKS IN THE PRODUCTION FLOOR.
The selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring we are producing a quality product by implementing proper standards and physical test requirements to production. Additionally, the individual is responsible for insuring coatings are applied within spec and to help insure optimum paint usage through daily audits. This position works in the production floor inspecting the coils as they are coated.
- Conduct physical quality testing.
- Maintain paint standard files.
- Maintain physical test files
- Responsible for various in-house quality control audit checks and testing methods.
- Audit daily paint usage.
- Audit daily paint DF control.
- Audit color and gloss trending.
- Audit requested paint vendor changes on specific coatings.
- Monitor coating film thickness and conversion coating weights during all production.
- Assist as backup to the manufacturing line.
- Other tasks as determined by the quality manager
Minimum of a High School diploma and 2+ years of experience in a quality role preferably in the steel, coating or manufacturing industry or experience as a production lead/ group leader or similar role in a continuous production environment.
- Accuracy with details, regulatory, legal or requirement, timely and concise record keeping.
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to speak with hourly production workers, management and vendors.
- Multi-taker within the ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines.
- Must be computer literate, familiar with the Windows Operating system.
- Must be able to work various shifts in a plant environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Precoat Metals is a Drug Free Workplace.