Indiana University Health Case Management Specialist in Muncie, Indiana
Assists with case management and other related duties by working collaboratively with the multidisciplinary team to achieve desired clinical, service and cost outcomes. Interprets and abstacts clinical information from multiple sources including electronic medical records, electronic data bases, and for the knowledge of electronic data entry and submission of information to identified internal and external customers. Assists in the completion of elements involving pre/recertification and discharge planning such as copying records, researching benefits, arranging for assigned covered services and obtaining or completing appropriate forms and applications. Coordinates services for the patient between the hospital and community agencies, alternative level of care facilities, financial sources and government funded programs.
• High School Diploma/GED required. Associate's Degree preferred.
•1-3 years of experience required.
• Requires the ability to comprehend third party contractual arrangements.
• Requires basic computer skills including the ability to enter progress notes and other data in multiple medical record systems. Basic familiarity with Excel, Word, OutLook, and PowerPoint.
• Requires some knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical terminology.
• Requires some knowledge of managed care and government healthcare benefits. REQNUMBER: 303264