Bell Techlogix In-Transit Associate in Plainfield, Indiana
Summary: The In-Transit Associate is responsible for creating and maintaining proper in transit documentation, in SAP, to assist in the accurate receiving of parts. The In-Transit Associate is expected to provide a high level of customer service and provide current data at all times.
• Consolidate information from multiple sources into single in-transit document in SAP, per physical container.
• Provide the most accurate, current delivery dates and shipment information to planners and production personnel at all times.
• Generate shipping documents in SAP tying total shipping costs to each part received for each bill of lading.
• Contact planners on all part number and purchase order changes prior to creating in-transit documents.
• Research receiving discrepancies; document, provide pictures, and email planners accordingly.
• Verify all incoming parts are in transit prior to receipt.
• Track specific shipments for planners and document and email information in a timely manner.
• Track past due shipments, research the shipments, and update status.
• Regular attendance and timeliness.
• Create daily picking production report.
• Research part availability for technical and support team leads.
• Assist client departments in identifying product and providing packing slips for receipts.
• File receiving paperwork.
• Generate SAP report to identify closed purchase orders.
• Ensure 6S compliance.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have a minimum of one (1) years’ work experience in receiving, picking, stocking, and data entry.
• International shipping experience preferred.
Abilities and Skills:
• Must have a minimum of 1 year experience in Microsoft Excel utilizing formulas.
• Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office applications.
• Must be able to work with numbers while retaining and verifying part numbers, counting, addition, subtraction, and multiplication.
• Must have the ability to work with multiple departments to ensure proper documentation for all inbound containers.
• Must have a high level of attention to detail, be well organized, and accurate.
• Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Must have the ability to work in a team-driven customer service environment.
• Must have the ability to work within deadlines.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Must have the ability to follow guidelines and work instructions.
• Must be able to make reoccurring decisions based on standards and procedures.
Physical, Mental Requirements and Work Environment:
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 49 lbs. frequently, unassisted.
• Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. occasionally.
• Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating high and low temperatures.
• Must be able to work in an environment with moderate to loud noises.
• Must be able to see and read small, fine print.
• Must be able to sit, reach, and bend frequently.
• Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, and kneel occasionally.
• Will be exposed to dust frequently.