Bell Techlogix Repair Technician B in Plainfield, Indiana
The Repair Technician B position is responsible for the advanced troubleshooting and repair or refurbishment on a wide variety of printer, scanner, associated computer peripheral and imaging products in support of the Repair Depot.
• Inspect a unit’s inner and outer housing to determine repairable or non-repairable damage.
• Read and follow written technical service procedures to determine unit performance.
• Perform complex repair on units.
• Inspect and accurately determine test prints or images.
• Perform firmware upgrades.
• Perform final testing to confirm repair results.
• Access and use diagnostic programs.
• Perform data entry tasks using SAP.
• Perform assigned work while maintaining efficiency, yield, and quality standards.
• Accurately maintain electronic and paper records.
• Regular attendance and timeliness.
Required Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
• Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
o Electrical, electronic, mechanical, or computer training is preferred.
• Must have a minimum of six (6) months of repair work experience or 12 months of work experience in a high volume production environment, preferably with electrical, electronic, or mechanical functions.
o Documented formal technical training may be substituted in lieu of work experience.
• Solid product knowledge and the ability to perform full repair on at least one (1) product family is preferred.
Abilities and Skills:
• Must have the ability to read technical service procedures and follow detailed instructions.
• Must have the ability to work independently and with others on a team.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have the ability to learn electrical and mechanical skills.
• Must have the ability to learn and demonstrate product knowledge on a variety of products.
• Must have a high level of attention to detail and quality orientation.
• Must have demonstrated interpersonal skills.
• Must have solid customer service skills.
Physical, Mental Requirements and Work Environment:
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 49 lbs. frequently, unassisted.
• Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. occasionally.
• Must be able to see and read small, fine print.
• Must be able to listen carefully and follow direction.
• Must be able to stand, walk, reach, and bend occasionally.
• Must be able to use small hand tools.
• Frequent exposure to fumes.
• Performance of low frequency repetitive task.
• Must be able to work in an environment with moderate to loud noises.
Conditions of Employment:
• Must pass background check.
• Must pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
• Must pass on-site technical training classes as scheduled.