Indiana University Health Patient Registration Specialist in Tipton, Indiana
This position is responsible for the delivery of customer facing services within Revenue Cycle System Services. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, scheduling, registration, insurance verification, prior-authorization, financial counseling/individual solutions, cashiering, release of information and customer service. Position adheres to departmental productivity, quality, and service standards in support of operational goals.
• At least one year of experience in hospital or physician Revenue Cycle strongly preferred.
• Requires working knowledge of patient registration and financial clearance.
• Requires a high level of interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Requires effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Requires the ability to work within a team and maintain collaborative relationships.
• Requires the ability to take initiative and meet objectives
IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST HAVES:
Be flexible/available to work a 6am+-6pm shift 3.5 days per week on a rotating scheule which would include every other weekend.
Demonstrated critical thinking skills.
Strong customer service experience.
Dependable, loyal, committed to serving our patients and community.